In this first of two episodes, Holly Gonzalez AKA “The Duchess of Decopunk” talks about why she writes decopunk, dieselpunk, and other science fiction, with many popular stories on Wattpad in particular (she’s a Wattpad Ambassador). Check out her popular Beauty in the Bones series and more!
Holly also writes in other punk genres and collaborates with her husband. More on all that in part two airing next week.
Listen on iTunes
Watch on YouTube:
Click here for all episodes on YouTube (the Storypunks Podcast Playlist)
Good Karma Opp!
Please subscribe and leave a review for the show on iTunes, which you can do at the bottom of the Storypunks iTunes show page (not the episode page, and you may need to click “Open in iTunes”).
Show Notes: What You’ll Find in Episode 22
This week, I touch on my recovery from surgery, how dictation helped me get some writing done despite the setbacks, and more.
Also, my decopunk thriller, Hives of the Halcyon, (Book 1 in my Salt Sheen Paradox series) and my steampunk and mannerpunk adventure Piccadilly Valkyrie (Book 1 in my Peacock Lavine and the Aetherian Fates of Nott series) will soon be available to beta readers, and you can still sign up!
Interview With Holly Gonzalez (Part 1)
Holly shares plenty of insight on decopunk and dieselpunk, historical references, and how to use Wattpad. She begins sharing her work, and again, this interview continues next week because we cover a lot of ground in this conversation!
Here’s a list of questions I asked:
- In this show, we discuss “the punks”, and today we’re focusing on decopunk. What is your definition of decopunk? What does it offer and why do you love it?
- What have been your biggest decopunk inspirations, whether movies, books, fashion, real or fictional people, and so on?
- Your work has enjoyed popularity on the site Wattpad. For anyone who is not familiar with Wattpad, can you give us a quick overview and why you felt drawn to it as a writing platform?
- So now, for the books! Take us through your different series or standalone works for anyone who hasn’t yet jumped in. What can readers expect?
- Theme is something my audience asks about, so I’m always curious to know, are there certain themes or overarching ideas that you tend to write about, or how do these differ in each of your works?
Join us for next week’s interview to hear the rest!
Take Your Storypunking to the Stratosphere
Sign up for notice of all the goings-on in this community, updated weekly. That way, you can skim when you’re busy and not miss special deals, contests, tutorials, announcements, and other stuff!
Thank you for joining our community!
Still have some time? Next Stop: social media, I’d love to connect with you there . . .